ICOM IC-718 Shortwave Radio ICOM IC718 HF All Band Transceiver Analog Walkie Talkie Relay Station 100-240V for ICOM
Transceiver, HF, All Band, 100W, Single Receiver, Amber Display, 20.0 A, 13.8 Vdc, Hand Microphone, Each
The Origin of ICOM IC718 HF Transceiver
The HF bands allow you to communicate over long distances covering many km even to the other side of the world. With the superior performance found in the IC-718 such as wide dynamic range, high signal/noise ratio, and full duty operation you will find making these contacts easy. Experience the combination of the latest RF and digital technology, along with the size and simplified operation. You will see the IC-718 will be the most practical rig you will ever own.
Front mounted loud speaker
The ICOM IC718 has a speaker mounted on the front panel. With the speaker facing the operator, audio sounds can be clearly heard without impediment during operation. It is no longer necessary to manually increase the volume to try and capture audio sounds.
Superior basic performance
The ICOM IC718 has 0.03-29.999999 MHz* general coverage receive capability. A 4-element system is employed for the 1st receive mixer, providing superior receive IMD, especially from in-band near-by interfering signals. A well-designed double-conversion system to help minimize image and spurious responses for better signal fidelity, is also built-in. A newly designed PLL circuit has been adopted to improve C/N ratio characteristics. The combination of the 4-element system mixer and new PLL circuit allows superior basic performance as that of a commercial grade transceiver.
*Guaranteed range: 0.5-29.999999 MHz
The DSP includes the following to give you superior receiver quality in your shack, vehicle or during DX’pedition.
IC-UT106 DSP board is supplied:
Pulls desired AF signals from noise. Outstanding S/N ratio is achieved, providing clean audio in SSB, and AM.
Automatic Notch filter:
This automatically minimizes beat signals and heterodynes while preserving the receive signal. Also, the notch frequency is automatically adjusted to follow interfering beat signals – for example, reducing interference from RTTY signals during SSB operation.
Interference rejection – IF shift
To reject interference, the ICOM IC718 has an IF shift function which shifts the center frequency of the IF passband electronically to reduce adjacent interference.
This feature compresses microphone audio input to increase average audio output level. The result is, that talk power is increased. The compression level is adjustable for your preference. This function is effective for long distance communication, or when propagation conditions are poor.
RF gain control
RF gain control is combined with the squelch control. The RF gain adjusts minimum response receiver gain, and ignores signals weaker than the pre-set level – providing pleasant stand-by, or scanning.
Ample CW features
An electronic keyer with a variable dot/dash ratio (2.8:1 to 4.8:1) control is built-in. By simply connecting a paddle, easy CW operation can be made. The CW pitch and the key speed are also variable from 300-900 Hz, 6-60 wpm, respectively. Of course, full break-in capability is available with the adjustable break-in delay.
A VOX (Voice operated transmission) is included with the ICOM IC718. It provides handsfree operation by detecting audio signals from the microphone. It’ s easy! Flexible filter selection
Flexible Filter Selection
An optional IF filter can be installed into the transceiver to suit your operating preference.
High frequency stability
When the optional CR-338 HIGH STABILITY CRYSTAL UNIT is installed, you get a very high frequency stability of ±0.5 ppm.
Selectable antenna tuner
Either the optional antenna tuner unit, AT-180 or AH-4 can be used with the ICOM IC718 to suit your installing conditions, or operating style. Of course, the AH-4 control circuit is built into the ICOM IC718.
The ICOM IC718 is equipped with a minimum number of switches and controls for superior feature selectability. The 10-key pad on the front panel for entering directly an operating frequency, or a memory channel number. The auto tuning steps function helps quick tuning is activate when turning the dial quickly. And the band stacking register is very convenient when changing operating bands.
Digital S/RF meter
Built-in multi functional digital S/RF meter indicates signal strength level while receiving, and either transmit output power, ALC level or VSWR ratio while transmitting.
Optional voice synthesizer
A clear, electronically-generated voice announces operating frequency, mode and receiving signal strength level when the optional voice synthesizer unit, UT-102, is installed.
– RIT trim function reduces the frequency error
– IF Intermediate frequency conversion
– Multiple scanning methods
– Speech compression function increases the average power of microphone and reduces speech distortion
– RF gain control increase the reception sensitivity of weak signals and reduces the distortion caused by strong signals
– Adjustable noise suppression
– RF attenuator and preamplifier
– 101 storage channel
– Rich CW functional features
– Built-in keys for CW enthusiasts
– VOX voice controlled emission
– Variable filter selection
– Digital S/RF test instrument
– High frequency stability
– Frequency range:
TX: 1.8, 3.5, 7, 10, 14, 18, 21, 24, 28MHz
– Mode: LSB, USB, CW, RTTY, AM
– Maximum current consumption: 20A 13.8V DC
– Power requirement: 13.8V DC±15%
– Antenna connector: S0-239 (50ohm)
– Channel number: 101 (99 common, 2 scanning edge)
– Size: 240 x 95 x 239mm
– Weight: about 3.8kg
– Output power: SSB, CW, RTTY: 2-100W; AM: 2-35W
– Spurious emission: < -50dB
– Carrier suppression: >40dB
– Useless sideband: 600ohm
– Microphone connector: 8-core connector (600ohm)
– Selectivity: SSB, CW, RTTY: 2.1kHz/-6dB
– Spurious signal and image suppression: >70dB (1.8-29.999MHz)
– AF Power (10% distortion, 8ohm load): >2.0W
– External speaker connector: 2 core 3.5 (D) mm (1/8’’)/8ohm
- USB, LSB, CW, RTTY(FSK) and AM modes are built-in
- Level adjustable noise blanker
- RF attenuator and Pre-amplifier
- Variety of scanning function types
- Total 101 memory channels are available
- Hand microphone is supplied, and more…
– 1 x ICOM IC718 Host
-1 x Hand-held microphone
-1 xDC power cable and spare fuses