Wireless walkie talkies, as the name suggests, do not encounter situations where communication cannot be achieved due to signal issues. The types of walkie talkies on the market are also very diverse, so do you know the functions of different types of walkie talkies ?
- Professional walkie talkies typically refer to walkie talkies with a transmission power of 4-5W and a frequency range of 136-174MHz or 400-480MHz. These walkie talkies are characterized by long communication distances and can reach 3-8 kilometers with minimal environmental impact. Professional walkie talkies are generally used in construction sites, property management, factory workshops, and other occasions. The operation is relatively simple, without numerical buttons, only two knobs are used to control the number of channels, power, and volume.
- Commercial walkie talkies refer to walkie talkies with a transmission power of 0.5-4W and a frequency range of 400-800MHz, with a call distance between 800 meters and 8 kilometers. Compared to professional walkie talkies, commercial walkie talkies have a lighter appearance and can be connected to headphones, mostly used in restaurants, shopping malls, and other occasions.
- Civil walkie talkies refer to walkie talkies with a transmission power of 0.5-1W and a frequency range of 409MHz. This type of walkie talkie has a short call distance, compact size, and much cheaper price than professional and commercial walkie talkies, making it suitable for individual users to use.
- Amateur walkie talkies refer to walkie talkies with a frequency range of 144-146MHz and 430-440MHz. They are designed for amateur radio enthusiasts and are compact in size and easy to operate. The disadvantage is that the call distance is generally small.
- There are very few brands that produce explosion-proof walkie talkies.The so-called explosion-proof refers to the ability of walkie talkies to be used in flammable and explosive environments, such as coal mines, gas companies, gas stations, and other places.
- Railway walkie talkie refers to a walkie talkie designed for the work needs of the railway department, with a transmission power of generally 4-5W and a frequency range of 440-470MHz. Due to the high noise level during train operation, the audio output requirements of railway walkie talkies are very high. They will be amplified through voice compression to make the call sound clearer.
- Police intercoms are specialized equipment in the public security system, with a frequency range of 350-370MHz or 370-390MHz. No one is allowed to steal or embezzle them in any way. So when choosing a walkie talkie, users should pay attention to the transmission frequency range of the walkie talkie to be between 400-420MHz or 450-470MHz to avoid trouble.
- The working voltage of a car mounted walkie talkie is 12.5V, and the voltage of a car is usually 12V or 24V. Therefore, when the car mounted walkie talkie needs to work on a car with a voltage of 24V, a transformer needs to be installed between the car and the walkie talkie. The transmission power of the car mounted walkie talkie is relatively high, usually between 25-50W, and the signal transmission is far away. However, it cannot be moved freely and can only be fixed on the vehicle for use.