Compared to traditional walkie talkies, the advantages of wireless walkie talkies are:
- From a cost perspective. The establishment of wired communication methods requires a large amount of manpower and material resources to install cables or excavate cable trenches; Using a wireless station to establish a dedicated wireless transmission method does not require the installation of cables or excavation of cable trenches. Instead, it is necessary to connect the wireless station to each terminal and install an appropriate height antenna. By contrast, using dedicated wireless transmission methods saves manpower and resources, and investment is quite economical. Moreover, in some close range communication systems, wireless communication methods are more flexible. Usually, the signals from walkie talkies can cover the aboveground parts of buildings and small areas, without the need to install wireless relay stations. If wireless signals are needed to reach blind spots in the underground part of a building or within a small area, a wireless relay station will be installed to extend and expand the signal range.
- Installation engineering cycle. When connecting remote sites that are several kilometers to tens of kilometers apart for communication, using wired methods to install long-distance cables or excavate long cable trenches may take several months to complete the project. However, using a radio station to establish a dedicated wireless network only requires the installation of antennas at an appropriate height, which can take only a few days or weeks, Wireless methods can quickly establish communication links, greatly shortening the engineering cycle.
- Adaptability. The limitations of wired communication are too great. When encountering some application environments, such as geographical environments such as mountains, lakes, forest areas, or application environments where wiring is difficult for mobile objects, it will have a strong constraint on the wiring engineering of wired networks. However, establishing a dedicated wireless network using a radio station will not be subject to these limitations, So using wireless stations to establish dedicated wireless network communication will have a wide range of adaptability compared to wired communication, almost unlimited by geographical environment.
- Scalability. After users establish a communication network, new terminal devices are often added due to system needs. If a wired method is used, it requires rewiring, which is more troublesome to construct and may also damage the original communication line. However, if a wireless network communication method is used, only the content of the original terminal device needs to be cloned to the new device to achieve device expansion, which is relatively scalable.
- Usage of terminal devices. Wired communication terminal devices are fixed and immovable, while wireless terminal devices (including walkie talkies, car radios, etc.) are portable and can be carried around, communicating everywhere, and responding to every call.